A prostate cancer diagnosis can be scary and confusing, leaving you with more questions than answers. The Prostate Cancer Foundation helps by arming you with the right questions to ask your specialist, so you can make informed choices about your health.
Here are our 10 key questions to ask your specialist:
- Do I have prostate cancer and is it treatable?
- What is the best treatment option for me?
- What are the chances the treatment will work?
- How long will my treatment take?
- Are there any side effects to this treatment?
- What should I do to prepare for treatment?
- What happens following treatment?
- At any point in time, who is my day-to-day contact?
- Where can I get support and information?
- What happens if my cancer comes back?