Prostate Cancer Foundation NZ places the utmost priority on the health and safety of its family – staff, board, members, support coordinators, volunteers and everyone attending our support group meetings, events and other public activities.
We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation in New Zealand and following the Ministry of Health’s advice. At this stage the authorities have placed no restrictions on events and large gatherings, and accordingly all our upcoming events, incl. Support Group Meetings, Tauranga Education Forum and National Conference, will continue as planned. We will advise if this changes.
As per the Ministry’s advice if you feel unwell and have cold / flu-like symptoms you should avoid any public events or gatherings, in order to minimise the risk to yourself and others. Their general prevention advice is:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues. Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – for at least 20 seconds.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact with sick people, including those whose illness / treatment may have compromised their immune systems.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as door handles.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call the dedicated Healthline 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms, and have been to any countries of concern or in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.