To easily find events in your region, click on the “Tags” filter below and select your preferred region. You can select multiple tags if you wish to look at dates for several regions.
Join us for an update on developments in diagnosis and treatment, and meet the Coordinators of our new Tauranga Support Group.
- Dr Liam Wilson | Urologist
- Ian Armstrong and Peter Robieson | Tauranga Support Group Coordinators
Many men facing the challenge of a prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment find that support from others on their journey through this very helpful. Tauranga locals Ian and Peter have taken the lead in establishing a support group for men in the region and will outline their plans. Dr Wilson will then update us on some of the exciting developments in prostate cancer diagnostics and treatment, including:
- Why MRI scans are now an integral part of the diagnosis
- Improved biopsy techniques
- How PSMA scans can better inform treatment decisions
- Why active surveillance is a viable option for many men
- Improvements in radiotherapy treatments
- Overcoming incontinence and erectile dysfunction following treatment
- New drugs available now, and in the near future
Click on the TICKETS button above to secure your space.
There’s now an avalanche of results from many different scientific studies that have shown that exercise may truly be a secret weapon in the fight against cancer. In fact, the evidence is so convincing that some specialists are recommending men be given a prescription for exercise in the same way traditional medicines are prescribed – Exercise as Medicine!
Prost-FIT is an exercise programme specifically designed for men with prostate cancer, helping them become fitter and stronger, both physically and mentally, and manage their cancer journey. It is delivered in a safe, supportive and fun environment, providing camaraderie and shared experiences. Following trials in Christchurch, Prost-FIT is being rolled out nationwide via trained exercise professionals.
Prost-FIT developer Tim Webster, from Exercise as Medicine NZ, will present this webinar in which he will outline both the evidence for the benefits of exercise, and how Prost-FIT works.
Click the REGISTER BUTTON above to secure your space.