Join us for an update on developments in diagnosis and treatment, and meet the Coordinators of our new Tauranga Support Group.
- Dr Liam Wilson | Urologist
- Ian Armstrong and Peter Robieson | Tauranga Support Group Coordinators
Many men facing the challenge of a prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment find that support from others on their journey through this very helpful. Tauranga locals Ian and Peter have taken the lead in establishing a support group for men in the region and will outline their plans. Dr Wilson will then update us on some of the exciting developments in prostate cancer diagnostics and treatment, including:
- Why MRI scans are now an integral part of the diagnosis
- Improved biopsy techniques
- How PSMA scans can better inform treatment decisions
- Why active surveillance is a viable option for many men
- Improvements in radiotherapy treatments
- Overcoming incontinence and erectile dysfunction following treatment
- New drugs available now, and in the near future
Click on the TICKETS button above to secure your space.