Please join us for ‘Prostate Cancer Patients – what they really need’, a forum for men and their families living with the diagnosis of prostate cancer.
Date: Saturday 27 October 2018
Time: 2.00pm – 4.00pm
Where: Waipuna Hotel and Conference Centre, 58 Waipuna Road, Mt Wellington, Auckland
- FREE, registration essential as spaces are limited.
- Refreshments will be served on arrival.
- Proudly presenting international guest speakers Dr James Green and Paula Allchorne.
- Topics include living well and maintaining quality of life; developments in diagnosis and treatments; and patient-centred support.
Dr James Green
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Visiting Professor at Kings College, and previously London South Bank University. Urology Network Director for the 5 Hospitals in Barts Health NHS Trust, the largest trust in the UK, serving a population of 2.5 million people, speaking over 100 different languages.
Nurse Practitioner and Lead Urology Nurse for Barts Health NHS Trust and 2018 ‘Urology Nurse of the Year’ UK. Chair-elect European Association of Urological Nursing (EAUN), passionate about cancer prevention, early diagnosis and raising standards. Project lead for designing and implementing the first ‘New Survivorship Pathway’ for cancer patients at Guys Hospital.
Register now to save your seat.
The 2017 forums were held in Wellington, Dunedin and Tauranga with a focus on helping men and their partners / carers through the challenges they face post diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer. These were not recorded but you can view recordings from previous years by clicking the links below.
- Hand in Hand – Patient Education Forums 2016
- Advanced Prostate Cancer – Patient Education Forums 2014