Pinc & Steel PaddleOn is a stand up paddle (SUP) rehabilitation program, for men and women recovering from all types of cancer. Delivered over 5-weeks by certified Pinc or Steel cancer rehabilitation physiotherapists, PaddleOn has been specifically designed to introduce the components of stand up paddling in a safe, fun small group environment on the water.
It is divided into 8 modules to improve balance, core strength, posture, upper body strength, flexibility and fitness.
Participants need to have completed primary cancer treatment (surgery/chemotherapy/radiotherapy) before starting the program (you may require a Pinc/Steel physiotherapist assessment first)
The program is subsidised by the Pinc & Steel Cancer Rehabilitation Trust and a support person/buddy is also able to join you on the program *
Course dates are as follows:
- Matakana (4 Nov – 10 Dec; 15 Jan-16 Feb)
- Castor Bay (4 Nov – 10 Dec; 23 Feb – 28 March; 30 April – 27 May)
- Orakei /Okahu Bay: (4 Nov – 10 Dec ; 12 Feb – 11 March; 12 March – 15 April)
- Rotorua (22 Jan – 25 Feb)
- Taupo (26 Feb – 28 March)
To find out more or to register go to www.paddleon.co.nz