You will find on this page videos and information from previous Public Education Forums, on a variety of topics. Please check the Events Calendar for any upcoming Forums (Category: Public Education)
Developments in Treatments for Prostate Cancer – Public Education Forums 2020
- Dunedin | 7-9 pm, Wednesday 23 September
- Dunedin Centre, 1 Harrop St, Dunedin
- Guests: Mr Alistair Hepburn (Urologist), Mr Serge Luke (Urologist), Dr Shaun Costello (Oncologist), Pauline Blomfield (K9 Medical Detection NZ)
- REGISTRATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED.
- Auckland | 7-9 pm, Tuesday 27 October
- Auckland Grammar School ‘Old Boys Pavillion’, Mountain Rd, Epsom
- Guests: Mr Andrew Williams (Urologist), Dr Giuseppe Sasso (Radiation Oncologist)
- Click here for further details
Education Forum 2019
“Living with advanced prostate cancer”
Louisa Fleure | Lead Urology Clinical Nurse Specialist and Advanced Prostate Cancer Clinical Nurse, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London.
Our 2018 Forum ‘Prostate Cancer Patients – what they really need’ was a great success with plenty of lively discussion among men and their families. This included living well and maintaining quality of life, developments in diagnosis and treatments and patient-centred support. Dr James Green (Urologist) and Paula Allchorne (Nurse Practitioner and Lead Urology Nurse) from the Barts Health Trust in the UK presented their Survivorship Pathway for cancer patients.
The 2017 forums were held in Wellington, Dunedin and Tauranga with a focus on helping men and their partners / carers through the challenges they face post diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer. These were not recorded but you can view recordings from previous years below.
Education Forum 2016
Videos from the PCF Hand in Hand Forum in Auckland
“Tell me more about the disease and treatment options – a Clinical Nurse Specialist’s perspective”
Sue Osborne – Urology Nurse Specialist
“What Can We Do About Erectile Dysfunction?”
John Tuckey – Consultant Urologist
“Pads Are Not The Only Solution For Urinary Incontinence”
Dr Anna Lawrence – Urologist
Advanced Prostate Cancer: Education Forums 2014
Professor Ross Lawrenson – Researcher
Dr Andrew Lienert – Urologist
Dr Peter Fong – Oncologist
Rea Wikaira – A Prostate Cancer Sufferer
Q & A Panel Questions
PCF Australia “Ask the Experts” Webcast