Review Rotation : Annual
Date issued : April 2021
Review date : Mar 2022
The Prostate Cancer Foundation New Zealand (PCFNZ) is committed to safeguarding the personal information of those with whom it deals with openness and transparency in compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020.
The following Privacy Statement (‘Statement’) explains PCFNZ privacy practices, as to what information may be collected from you, how such information will be used by PCFNZ and/or other persons or entities, with whom such information may be shared, your choices regarding the collection, use and distribution of such information, your ability to access or correct such information and the security procedures that PCFNZ have implemented to protect your privacy.
PCFNZ is committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals who visit the following websites and any other microsites used for event registration and/or application purposes.
The PCFNZ understands that personal information should be kept private. This Statement complies with the New Zealand Privacy Principles as contained in the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, and explains how the PCFNZ:
- Collects personal information
- Uses and shares your personal information
- Processes payments
- Stores personal information
- May use the Google Analytics service
- Will not be responsible for personal information collected through linked third-party websites
- Allows you to access/amend your personal information
- Provides you with contact for further information.
By using or accessing the website and/or any of PCFNZ services (whether by your mobile phone, tablet, smartphone, PC or any other means), you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by this Statement.
Links to other sites and third-party providers
This site, any newsletters or any other communications PCFNZ provides to you may contain links to third party websites. PCFNZ may also use some third-party providers to manage some of our engagement processes and services, such as newsletters, event registrations, fundraising platforms and Online Support Forum. Unless expressly stated otherwise, these websites have not been developed by, nor are controlled by PCFNZ. While PCFNZ take steps to ensure that any providers PCFNZ uses can protect the personal information they process for PCFNZ, there is no implication that PCFNZ checks, endorses, approves or agrees with the privacy practices of the third-party websites linked to. PCFNZ encourages you to be aware when you leave a PCFNZ website and to read the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Links to social networking platforms
PCFNZ uses social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram to communicate with the public about PCFNZ work, to raise awareness of events and for fundraising campaign purposes. When you communicate with PCFNZ via these services, the social networking service concerned may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services may track your use of PCFNZ website on those pages where their links are displayed. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google service) while using a PCFNZ site, their tracking will be associated with your profile with them.
These services have their own privacy policies / statements which are independent of PCFNZ. They do not have any access to the personal information PCFNZ hold on our systems.
What personal information does PCFNZ collect and why?
Personal information means information PCFNZ holds about you, where your identity is either clear or can be reasonably determined.
PCFNZ will collect personal information directly from you, or a delegated person acting on your behalf, and only to the extent necessary to provide the product or service you requested or to carry out internal administrative operations.
Where possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
The personal information PCFNZ may collect from you directly, or indirectly, includes:
- Your name
- Your contact details, including address, email or phone number
- Any other personal information, including medical, that may form part of an application or enquiry
- Details of any events you have registered for, including dietary requirements
- Any questions or comments you submit via PCFNZ social media platforms
- Your responses to surveys or group discussions, including the Online Support Forum
- Information about your use of PCFNZ website(s).
PCFNZ may collect personal information about you (such as your first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card number), directly from you, when you use the website, over the phone, by letter or email, including when:
- You complete an application form
- You register for an event or a delegated third-party register on your behalf
- You subscribe to a newsletter or an emailing list
- You register as a member of our online support forum
- You deal with PCFNZ over the telephone
- You email PCFNZ
- You provide PCFNZ with feedback
- You complete online surveys
- You ask PCFNZ to contact you after visiting a PCFNZ website
- You contact PCFNZ for any other purpose, and
- PCFNZ provides information or services to you.
PCFNZ will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected (or otherwise as required or authorised by law). This may include using your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products or services and to personalise your experience when browsing the website;
- To undertake customer service activities, such as responding to any queries, comments or complaints you may have;
- To administer website services, including processing any searches or requests for information about PCFNZ products or services;
- To maintain and develop PCFNZ systems, including testing and upgrading them;
- To enable PCFNZ to monitor, review and improve our services, and communicate with you about them;
- For PCFNZ administrative purposes and for internal record keeping;
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- To anonymise data for use in such a manner that you cannot be identified for purposes such as online advertising / re-marketing, and
For any other specific purpose which PCFNZ notify you of at the time your personal information is collected.
Online Advertising, Re-Marketing and Third-Party Tracking
We use Google AD Words, Facebook and other platforms to raise awareness of prostate and testicular cancer and, promote events, fundraising and education activities and events, some of which is done through re-marketing.
For re-marketing purposes, we occasionally use anonymised information about our supporters to create ‘lookalike’ or similar audiences of shared interests or similar demographics via these platforms. Data is not used for any other purpose than to create this lookalike audience.
Cookies and Analytics
- Allow you to navigate and use key website features
- Authenticate and
- To collect information about how you use the website.
The following information is collected about your use of PCFNZ websites (though please note, PCFNZ makes no efforts to associate this with your identity):
- Your IP address
- The search terms you used
- The pages you accessed on PCFNZ websites and the links you clicked on
- The date and time you visited the site
- The referring site or social media platform (if any) through which you clicked to the PCFNZ website
- Your operating system (such as Windows)
- The device via which you accessed the site (such as mobile, tablet, PC); and
- Your web browser (such as Chrome or Safari).
A cookie is a small data file that the site sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system for later retrieval by the site. Information supplied by the cookies and session information can help PCFNZ to analyse the profile of our site’s visitors and helps PCFNZ to provide you with a better user experience. They do not track your activity before or after you leave a PCFNZ site.
PCFNZ may use the Google Analytics Service which will issue cookies from its own servers and which are able to track visitor activity through a PCFNZ website. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please click here. Please refer to Google’s Privacy Statement for more information.
From time to time, PCFNZ may also contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with information about new services, special offers and promotions. This may include information about PCFNZ programmes, research funding, events, donor and fund-raising activities. PCFNZ will allow you to opt in before receiving any unsolicited content. If you do opt in, PCFNZ will also give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such direct marketing or market research content.
If you do not want your personal information to be collected, please do not submit it to PCFNZ. Please note that if you elect not to provide certain personal information to PCFNZ, PCFNZ may not be able to provide you with the services or information you require.
Online payments are made securely via VEGA (Vega Works) widgets through our payment solutions provider Windcave or via third party fundraising sites using payment platform, Stripe
Does PCFNZ share or disclose personal information?
For the purposes PCFNZ have described, PCFNZ may disclose your personal information:
- To PCFNZ suppliers (including service and other content providers), contractors, agents and business partners who help PCFNZ administer the website and/or deliver services to you;
- To PCFNZ professional advisers;
- Where you have otherwise consented; or
- As otherwise required or authorised by law.
PCFNZ may also disclose your personal information to anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of PCFNZ, where your personal information is processed and/or stored.
PCFNZ will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the persons and organisations to whom PCFNZ disclose personal information are bound to protect the privacy of that personal information according to the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020. Please note that some of the persons to whom PCFNZ disclose personal information may be situated outside New Zealand. Our website and systems may also be based on servers located outside of New Zealand.
If you have shared your information to PCFNZ regarding any personal stories relating to prostate cancer or testicular cancer, PCFNZ will only share these stories (in any way, shape or form) with your expressed written permission. This includes any images or video footage.
How does PCFNZ protect your personal information?
PCFNZ takes all reasonable measures to ensure the security of your personal information that is held by PCFNZ from such risks as loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. PCFNZ reminds you, however, that the internet is not a secure environment and although all reasonable care is taken, PCFNZ cannot warrant or guarantee the security of information that you provide to PCFNZ via electronic means.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
If you identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, you need to make a change to, or would like to verify such information, please contact PCFNZ so that PCFNZ may update PCFNZ records. PCFNZ contact information is set out below. PCFNZ notes that PCFNZ is not required to provide access to information in certain situations, but if PCFNZ refuses access, PCFNZ will give you our reasons for doing so.
For how long does PCFNZ hold personal information?
PCFNZ will keep your personal information for only as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
PCFNZ may modify this Statement from time to time and if PCFNZ does so PCFNZ will post any updated Statement on the website. PCFNZ encourages you to check the website periodically to ensure that you are aware of the terms of PCFNZ current Statement.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments about this Statement, or you wish to access or make changes to your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer of the Prostate Cancer Foundation NZ:
Phone: 09 415 2407
Post: The Privacy Officer
PO Box 301313, Albany, Auckland, 0752